Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nick and his lady friend Casey just left for India today and he won't be back will late july / early august. So I'm flying solo now. But I'm making friends and staying plenty busy. I've also learned just enough Nepali to buy food now, so at least I won't starve. I have a new co-worker, another intern from the States (Montana). She's a Brown graduate in Sociology, so a kindred spirit. And since I'm basically the only person she knows, we're cool to hang. Yay for friends by default! Other than that, I'm going on a rafting trip this weekend with a bunch of volunteers from Mennonite Central Commttee, plus my AU pal Eka. Should be a good time (great pictures of that forthcoming).

For now, look at this one, it was taken at a party we went to at the home of a French ex-pat cheese maker:
He's preparing to pack a pipe with an herb thought to have been smoked in great quantities by the god Shiva. Yep, it's exactly what you're thinking. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment